Project Management Consultant Position Open for our Professional Development Action Network
Professional Development Action Network: Investing in people is the guiding principle for this Network. To honor this, we will offer free SEL professional learning opportunities to build a support system for those that work with youth. To help manage this work, we are looking to hire a project manager:
Position Title: Project Management Consultant, Milwaukee Succeeds Community Social Support Network (Goal 4)
Reports To: Milwaukee Succeeds Goal 4 Leadership Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Management Consultant will work to organize, manage and report on the Professional Development (PD) series being hosted by Goal 4. This person will be responsible for:
- Promotions: Work with the PD action network to promote and register training participants for Social Emotional Learning (SEL) training opportunities
- Event Planning: Coordinate the technical aspects and logistics for all specialty events and the monthly training calendar
- Data Management: Administer, collect and manage data needed to gauge the impact of professional development efforts in partnership with Assessment & Evaluation Consultant
- Alignment: Coordinate with Goal 4’s Outreach and Continuous Improvement action networks to ensure alignment and to leverage resources
- Reporting: Contribute to grant reporting for the project including managing related expenses
- Outreach: Become a SEL Ambassador and represent the network at community meetings and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be willing to work some evenings and weekends. Additionally, an applicant must have the ability to navigate the city efficiently to get to meetings and events as needed. Specifically, applicants must have:
- Five years of experience with project management preferably in a non-profit setting
- Experience with event planning for groups as small as 10 and as large as 300
- Strong administrative skills with proficient to advanced skills with Microsoft Suite and Google applications
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, creative, flexible and accurate with details\
- The ability to facilitate small group meetings and work effectively with individuals from diverse background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- A demonstrated interest in building community and helping others
- Experience with coalition work and/or under a collective impact model is a plus!
$25/hour; 10 months; 10 hours per week.
Interested? Please submit your résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday April 30th.