Social and emotional learning
Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
All children and youth are healthy, supported socially & emotionally and contribute responsibly to the success of the Milwaukee community.
why it matters
Social emotional health is the ability to understand and manage one’s emotions, reactions and relationships. We prioritize social emotional health so kids can achieve their full potential. Children with strong social emotional health demonstrate self-control, communicate well, problem solve, are empathetic, respectful, grateful, gritty and optimistic — traits we admire in the people with whom we want to work and maintain friendships.
- Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Collaborative for Academic, Social & Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES)
Our work towards this goal
Our partnership is currently in the early stages of rolling out our 2018 strategic plan. The following are our three network strategies:
- Education- Developing a strategy so the wider community can be informed, engaged and eventually advocates of social and emotional learning.
- Professional Development for Youth Workers- Designing, implementing and assessing development training for adults working directly with young people.
- Continuous Improvement- Tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of our implementation.